Monday, November 2, 2009

The Oozing is over

After 15+ days of training and racing, during which I have missed 3 training days and 2 races through two different illnesses (I'm sure having the first contributed to getting the second) we have a couple of days of with no water.  It was a bit surreal to be around the race yesterday after a few days off, and with no idea what the race course was like.  A glimpse of the Czech C2 pinning horribly within sight of the finish, along with brutal boat damage for a few folks, was enough to convince me that the reports of a very tough course were not exaggerated.  More runs were clearly better, and Matt "Foo" French tuned this into his first top 10 placing in a World Cup with a  fine 8th place - nice job Foo!  Jennie survived, but spent a lot of time flailing (her words, not mine), and Tom came in a solid 6th once again.  I was pretty frustrated at not being able to participate, but I have one last shot at doing ok in the sprint at Cataract in a few days.

In the meantime I hope to amuse you with the paddler/parent competition, and before all the athletes leave I hope to be able to get some interviews that I will run in the blog over the next few months. 

No comments: