Sunday, August 23, 2009

Intro, of a kind

Hey, I probably won't have much time to update this, but here is an attempt at a blog. Just to give you some background, I'm a fat old boater who wants to get back into shape by training for wildwater. And I want to have some fun too. The major thing stopping me from getting back into shape, and the thing that got me out of shape in the first place, work. I'm an Associate Professor at a College of Medicine, running a lab with a million dollar budget and existing off of the good graces of my peers. Anyone who tells you that Academics sit in their ivory towers and never got off their butts was not talking about me, I can assure you. Since taking up this job I have probably averaged 60-70 hour weeks, so now I'm trying to be smarter at work and to get some of my life back. We'll see how that goes, I guess. If I don't write again you'll know it didn't work.....

No comments: